At Casa Escondida, a Santa Fe area bed and breakfast in Chimayo, we offer our guests the best of both worlds. Although we are located in a secluded, country setting, Casa Escondida ("hidden house") is convenient to historic Santa Fe, picturesque Taos, the ancient ruins of Bandelier National Park, the cultural splendor of Native American pueblos, soothing hot springs, the inspiring landscapes of Abiquiu (Georgia O'Keeffe Country), and many other attractions for splendid day trips and ski outings! By planning an extended stay with us, you will only need to unpack your luggage once during your visit to truly experience the vast, year-round offerings of northern New Mexico.
Our Chimayo, New Mexico B&B is nestled on six acres with views of the awe-inspiring Sangre de Cristo and Jemez Mountains. Our 8 guestrooms offer intimate and comfortable lodging accommodations (all with private baths & cozy robes). Four of our eight rooms are pet friendly. The unique atmosphere of the inn is unlike anything you might experience during a typical hotel stay. You will find that all of our rooms are filled with handpicked antiques and accented in a rustic Southwest style. Some rooms offer amenities such as an antique wood stove, private patio, fireplace, private deck, or oversized bathtub. Architectural elements such as kiva fireplaces, wooden tongue & groove ceilings, Saltillo tile floors, and wooden vigas add to the warmth and rustic charm of Casa Escondida, which is somewhat akin to a Southwestern country inn. Our completely TV-free environment enhances the serenity of your stay.
A full, hot breakfast awaits you each morning and is served in our sunny breakfast room. Linger over a cup of coffee and the morning newspaper before setting off for a day of sightseeing. You can look forward to completing your day with a relaxing soak in our outdoor hot tub.
- March 20th – 23rd - Enjoy the "Taos Shortz Film Fest". This is an independent short film festival, known as “the Sundance of short films".
- March 21st & 22nd - The Aspen Santa Fe Ballet performs a world-premiere commission by choreographer Nicolo Fonte at the Lensic in Santa Fe.
- March 22nd - Enjoy the "Japanese Cultural Festival" featuring food, art, music, and dance at the Santa Fe Community Convention Center.
- March 22dnd & 23rd - It's the Dog Days at the Enchanted Forest Cross Country Ski Area in Red River . Ski and snowshoe the regular trails with your 4-legged, furry friends.
- March 23rd - Violinist Clare-Jumi Kang joins the Santa Fe Symphony Orchestra for this performance at the Lensic in Santa Fe.
- March 29th & 30th - Its the Civil War Anniversary Weekend at the Pecos National Historical Park (just south of Santa Fe). Enjoy tours, reenactments and speakers commemorating the Battle of Glorieta Pass from 9 AM –5 PM.
- March 31st - The Santa Fe Concert Association presents "An Evening with Joyce DiDonato". Enjoy this American mezzo-soprano at the Lensic in Santa Fe.
- April 4th - Enjoy the "Nuestra Musica" concert at the Lensic in Santa Fe.This is a Hispano folk-music concert.
- April 26th - Its the "Tierra Wools Spring Harvest Festival" in Los Ojos. The weaving studio is opened to the public. The festival includes sheep shearing, spinning, dyeing and weaving demonstrations, music and door prizes and refreshments.
- On the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month, you can tour the New Mexico Governor’s Residence in Santa Fe for FREE from 1 – 3 PM (1 Mansion Drive). Artwork from the Museum of Art Collections are on view in the public spaces. This is a docent led tour. No reservation needed.
- Experience an "Intuitive Painting" session! All are welcome, even if you have never picked-up a brush or if you are an artist wanting to energize your work. Unlike regular art classes, there is no emphasis on product or technique...only expressing, awakening and freeing your creativity. Only $80 per 2 1/2 hour session (materials included). Session are done on site at your location. Call Lindy to schedule your session.
- Tour the "Shidoni Foundry & Sculpture Garden". This is an art gallery that represents more than 150 artists as well as, 8 acres of sculpture gardens AND the bronze art foundry. Located in village of Tesuque (just north of Santa Fe).
- Visit the "Glenn Green Galleries and Sculpture Garden" in Tesuque. Located in an exquisite estate. This art compound consists of both an indoor and an outdoor gallery featuring sculptures, paintings, basketry, ceramic and bronze sculptures, jewelry and much more. Stroll the lawns and gardens. Visiting the gallery and the grounds is FREE. Mon – Sat 10 AM – 5 PM.
- Every Saturday at 7 PM, you can experience live flamenco dancers and dinner at El Farol in Santa Fe. Limited to only 40 people. Shows are only $25 per person. Reservations are required for each flamenco show.
- Now - March 15th, 2014 - The New Mexico History Museum in Santa Fe presents, "Cowboys Real and Imagined", featuring cowboy culture.
- Now through March 16th - Enjoy the mixed-media art show (Winter Invitational) at Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu.
- Now - March 23rd, 2014 - The Museum of International Folk Art presents "Tako Kichi: Kite Crazy in Japan". An exhibition of Japanese kites.
- Now - April 14th - The Wheelwright Museum in Santa Fe presents "The Durango Collection: Native American Weaving in the Southwest 1860 - 1880" This is an exhibit of beautiful Native American rugs! 10 AM - 5 PM.
- Now - May 4th, 2014 - Experience "Art for a Silent Planet: Blaustein, Elder and Long" at the Harwood Museum of Art. This is an exhibition of works by three great mid-career northern New Mexico artists.
- Now - May 27th, 2014 - The Museum of Spanish Colonial Art presents "Window on Lima: Beltran-Kropp Peruvian Art Collection". An exhibition featuring an extensive collection of Peruvian art.
- Now - August 10th - The New Mexico Museum of Folk Art in
Santa Fe presents "Brasil and Arte Popular". This is the museum's
collection of wood-block prints, puppets and religious art. 10 AM - 5 PM
- Now - September 14th, 2014 - Check out the pictures and paintings at the "Georgia O'Keefe and Ansel Adams: The Hawaii Pictures" exhibit at the Georgia O'Keefe Museum in Santa Fe from 10 AM - 5 PM daily.
- Now - September 14th, 2014 - The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum presents "Georgia O’Keeffe: Abiquiú Views". This is an exhibition of paintings inspired by the artist’s northern New Mexico home.
- Now – November, 2014 - Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu will again offer their "Georgia O’Keeffe Landscape Tour" (by bus) and their "Walk in Georgia O’Keeffe’s Footsteps" tour (by foot). See the landscapes that artist Georgia O’Keeffe made famous in her paintings.
- Now – February 15th, 2015 - The International Folk Art Museum in Santa Fe presents "The Wooden Menagerie: A New Mexican Wood Carving Tradition". This is an exhibition touting the Hispano folk carving tradition and its international influence.
- There is a New cowgirl in town! - Santa Fe Stables is now open. It is only 15 minutes from Casa Escondida. We are happy to book a memorable horseback ride for you, through beautiful New Mexico scenery. Our guests at Casa Escondida receive a $10 discount per person, when booking a 2-hour ride.
- The "Artisans Market" is every Sunday from 10 AM - 4 PM at the Santa Fe Farmers Market (1607 Paseo de Peralta). Local artists and craftspeople from New
Mexico are featured, as well as food artisans, musicians, refreshments and entertainment! It's FREE.
- The "Farmers Market" is very Saturday and Tuesday at the railyard.
- On the last Friday of each month, enjoy the "Last Friday ArtWalk" from 5
- 7 PM. Located in the Railyard Arts District at the Santa Fe Railyard,
this is an exciting world-class contemporary art
experience. The walk consists of ten galleries plus
SITE Santa Fe, which boast the best in international contemporary art.
It is FREE.
- Are you a bird lover? Participate in a FREE guided bird walk at the Randall Davey Audubon Center in Santa Fe. This is offered every Saturday. An experienced birder will lead this easy walk on the grounds of the 135-acre wildlife sanctuary. All skill levels are welcome. Walks start at 8:30 AM and last approximately 1 - 1 1/2 hours. No reservation is required. Meet in the parking lot. Binoculars are available. Dress for the weather.
- Would you like to learn more about various aspects of Native Indian art? Then the "Case Trading Post Saturday Lectures" are for you! These FREE lectures are offered at 10:15 AM each Saturday at the the Wheelwright Museum in Santa Fe. A new topic
is presented each week. Refreshments are served.
- The Rancho de Chimayo Restaurant is now open
again and serving their wonderful, traditional New Mexican meals. They are serving 6-days a
week from 11:30 AM - 9 PM (closed on Monday until April). Book a relaxing night with us and treat
yourself to a wonderful meal at the Rancho de Chimayo during your stay.
- Tour the beautiful, historic Randall Davey Home & Studio - Fridays at 2:00 PM. This historic 1800's villa is one of Santa
Fe's oldest and most important adobe structures, which was donated by the Davey family to the National Audubon Society in 1983. Tour the house and art studio and see
Davey's paintings, precious historic furnishings and antique furniture, just as
Randall Davey left them. Tours are $5 for adults. Call to reserve.
- Visit 8 museums AND 6 monuments throughout New Mexico for one low price of only $25 with the New Mexico Culture Pass. Pass is valid for 12 months and provides access to each site one time.
- Visit 5 great museums in Taos for 1 low price! Purchase a combination admission ticket for only $25 (a savings of 60%). This pass will provide admission to the E.L. Blumenschein Home & Museum; La Hacienda de los Martinez; The Harwood Museum; The Millicent Rogers Museum and the Taos Art Museum & Fechin House.Tickets are available at any of these museums or at the Taos Visitors Center.
- Sample some of the many handcrafted wines of New Mexico! There are many wineries in our area. Each one offers winery tours & tastings. We are happy to provide you with a winery map and guide. Guests at Casa Escondida B&B receive 2 wine tastings for the price of 1 at Estrella de Norte Winery.
- Experience historic Santa Fe or Taos on foot or by trolley tour. We are happy to arrange one of these fun and informative guided tours for you.