Looking for the perfect New Mexico family vacation spot? Casa Escondida Bed and Breakfast in Chimayo, NM provides accommodations that are both secluded and convenient to the many wonderful attractions in the Santa Fe and Taos areas, making our inn the ideal traveldestination for you and your family. In our intimate setting, you will have time to reconnect and build long-lasting memories with your loved ones. Your children will appreciate all of the great outdoor activities that are available nearby, such as skiing, horseback riding, hiking, and fishing. We know that you consider your pet a part of the family too, so we offer pet friendly lodging in four of our eight guestrooms. So come experience a family vacation in the Land of Enchantment and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Room rates: Room rates are based on up to double occupancy (2 guests). If there are more than 2 guests in a room, there is an extra guest fee of $20 per extra guest, per night for guests that are 12 years of age and older.
- Children: Children are welcome. If there are more than 2 guests in the room, we offer a "children's rate" of $12 per extra guest, per night for the extra guest fee. Children are defined as being under 12 years of age. Extra guests which are 12 years or older would incur the standard extra guest fee of $20 per extra guest, per night.
- Pets: Pets are welcome in 4 of the 8 guest rooms at Casa Escondida (Sun Room, Casita, Uno Garden Room, Dos Garden Room) when arranged in advance. There is a pet fee of $15 per pet, per night. We are located on 6 acres and we sit ¼ mile off of the road. However, we still recommend that you keep your pet on a leash. You must clean up after walking your pet. Pet owners must be in their room with their pet or remove the pet from the room for housekeeping services to be provided. Pets cannot be left unattended in the guestrooms (during breakfast is fine) or in vehicles or placed on tie-outs. Now for the legalese: You are representing your pet(s) as being non-aggressive to both other animals and to people. You understand that Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast is relying upon this representation as being true. Guests are responsible for all actions of their pets, including personal injuries and/or property damage. You agree to hold harmless Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast, its owner and staff, from all liability and/or damage suffered as a result of your pet(s). By making a reservation and adding a pet to your stay, you are confirming that you have read and understand the pet policy and that you agree to abide by all of its terms.
- Check-in Time: Check-in is from 4 - 6 PM. Early or late arrivals must be arranged in advance.
- Check-out Time: Check-out time is by 11 AM. Late Check-out must be arranged in advance.
- Payment Methods: Cash, personal checks, or traveler's checks are the preferred form of payment. If this is not possible, we are able to accept VISA & MasterCard.
- Deposits: A $50 deposit is charged at the time of booking. Additional charges will only be billed to your card in the event of a cancellation or no-show. Payment for the balance of the stay is made at check-out.
- Required Cancellation Notification: We understand that sometimes your plans change or emergencies arise. A 14-day cancellation notice is required when reserving 1 guestroom. If you are reserving more that 1 guest room, a 21-day cancellation notice is required. Cancellations for the entire B&B (all 8 rooms) require a 60-day cancellation notice. Required cancellation notice also applies to delayed arrivals or early departures. Required cancellation notice does not include your scheduled day of arrival. There is no charge for cancellations which are outside of the required cancellation notice periods. When cancelling with less than the required cancellation notice, you are responsible for payment for any portion of the reservation that we are unable to get rebooked with another guest.
- Cause of Cancellation / Trip Insurance: Please note that our cancellation policy is NOT dependent on the cause of the cancellation. We are unable to be responsible for elements such as bad weather; flight delays or cancellations; illnesses or injuries; family, pet, or work emergencies; or even the most unfortunate of unexpected events, a death. Please be aware that you have the option of purchasing "trip insurance" which could protect you from the costs that would be incurred due to an unforeseen cancellation. There are many suppliers of trip insurance and they are easily found on the Internet or often times, through your credit card provider.
- Cancellation Gift Certificate: We gladly issue a gift certificate for the amount billed to your credit card for cancelled reservations that could not be rebooked with another guest. The gift certificates are completely transferable and they do not expire.
- Special Needs: We make every attempt to accommodate the special needs of our guests. It is impossible, however, for us to proactively ask about every conceivable condition or requirement of a guest. Therefore, it is your responsibility to notify us at the time of your booking of any special needs for anyone in your group. This includes, but is not limited to, dietary requirements; physical limitations; allergies (food, pet, environmental); intolerances; or sensitivities (chemical or otherwise). If you need to cancel your reservation or depart and we were not notified of your special needs at the time of your booking, you are responsible for payment for any portion of your reservation that we could not rebook.
- Smoking: Smoking is permitted outside.
- Alcohol: Responsible consumption of alcohol is permitted. Alcohol is not provided.
- Reservations: [Click Here] for Online Reservations or call us directly at 1-800-643-7201.