Looking for the perfect New Mexico family vacation spot? Casa Escondida Bed and Breakfast in Chimayo, NM provides accommodations that are both secluded and convenient to the many wonderful attractions in the Santa Fe and Taos areas, making our inn the ideal traveldestination for you and your family. In our intimate setting, you will have time to reconnect and build long-lasting memories with your loved ones. Your children will appreciate all of the great outdoor activities that are available nearby, such as skiing, horseback riding, hiking, and fishing. We know that you consider your pet a part of the family too, so we offer pet friendly lodging in four of our eight guestrooms. So come experience a family vacation in the Land of Enchantment and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Room rates: Room rates are valid for up to a double occupancy. There is an $18 per person (12 years or older) per night charge for each additional guest in the room.
- Children: Children are welcome. If there are more than 2 guests in the room, children 12 years of age or older are charged the standard $18 per night extra. Children under 12 years of age are an additional $10 per night.
- Pets: Pets are welcome at Casa Escondida when arranged in advance. There is a fee of $15 per pet, per night. Pets must be people-friendly and good with other animals. We can accommodate pets in 4 of our 8 guestrooms (Sun Room, Casita, Uno Garden Room , & Dos Garden Room). We are located on 6 acres and we sit ¼ mile off of the road. We still recommend, however, that you keep your pet on a leash and clean up after walking your pet. Pet owners must be in their room with their pet or remove the pet from the room for housekeeping services to be provided. Pets cannot be left unattended in the guestrooms (during breakfast is fine) or in vehicles or placed on tie-outs. Pet owners are responsible for any damage made by their pet.
- Check-in Time: Check-in is from 4 - 6 PM. Early or late arrivals must be arranged in advance.
- Check-out Time: Check-out time is by 11 AM. Late Check-out must be arranged in advance.
- Payment Methods: Cash, personal checks, or traveler's checks are the preferred form of payment. We also gladly accept VISA & MasterCard.
- Deposits: No deposit is charged, however, a valid credit card is required to make a confirmed reservation. Charges will only be billed to the account in the event of a cancellation or no-show. Payment for the entire stay is made at check-out.
- Required Cancellation Notification: We understand that sometimes your plans change. If you are only reserving 1 guestroom and it is canceled at least 14 days in advance (not including your day of arrival), there is no charge associated with the cancellation. Cancellation of reservations that are for more than 1 guestroom requires a 21-day cancellation notice. Cancellation of reservations for the entire B&B (all 8 rooms) requires a 45-day cancellation notice.
- Cause of Cancellation: Please note that our cancellation policy is not dependent on the cause of the cancellation. We are unable to be responsible for elements such as bad weather; flight delays or cancellations; illnesses or injuries; family, pet, or work emergencies; or even the most unfortunate of unexpected events, a death. Please be aware that you have the option of purchasing "trip insurance" that would protect you from the costs that could be incurred due to an unforeseen cancellation. There are many suppliers of trip insurance and they are easily found on the Internet or often times, through your credit card provider.
- Cancellation Gift Certificate: We gladly issue a gift certificate for the amount billed to your credit card for cancelled reservations that could not be rebooked. The gift certificates are completely transferable and they do not expire.
- Special Needs: We make every attempt to accommodate the special needs of our guests. It is impossible, however, for us to proactively ask about every conceivable condition or requirement of a guest. Therefore, it is your responsibility to notify us at the time of your booking of any special needs for anyone in your group. This includes, but is not limited to, dietary requirements; physical limitations; allergies (food, pet, environmental); intolerances; or sensitivities (chemical or otherwise). If you need to cancel your reservation or depart and we were not notified of your special needs at the time of your booking, you are responsible for payment for any portion of your reservation that we could not rebook.
- Smoking: Smoking is permitted outside.
- Alcohol: Responsible consumption of alcohol is permitted. Alcohol is not provided.
- Reservations: [Click Here] for Online Reservations or call us directly at 1-800-643-7201.