Looking for the perfect New Mexico family vacation spot? Casa Escondida Bed and Breakfast in Chimayo, NM provides accommodations that are both secluded and convenient to the many wonderful attractions in the Santa Fe and Taos areas, making our inn the ideal travel destination for you and your family. In our intimate setting, you will have time to reconnect and build long-lasting memories with your loved ones. Your children will appreciate all of the great outdoor activities that are available nearby, such as skiing, horseback riding, hiking and fishing. We know that you consider your pet a part of the family too, so we offer pet friendly lodging in four of our eight guestrooms. So come experience a family vacation in the Land of Enchantment and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Room rates: Room rates are based on up to double occupancy (2 guests). There is an "extra guest fee" for each additional guest in the room, for each night of the stay.
- Children: Supervised children are welcome. If there are more than 2 guests in the room, children 12 years of age or older are charged the standard $20 per night, extra guest fee. We offer a children's rate of $12 per extra guest, per night for children that are 11 years of age and younger.
- Pets: Well behaved pets are welcome in 4 of the guest rooms (Sun Room, Casita, Uno Garden Room, Dos Garden Room) when arranged in advance. There is a pet fee of $15 per pet, per night. We are located on 6 acres and we sit ¼ mile off of the road. However, we still recommend that you keep your pet on a leash. You must clean up after walking your pet. Pet owners must be in their room with their pet or remove the pet from the room for housekeeping services to be provided. Pets cannot be left unattended in the guestrooms (during breakfast is fine) or in vehicles or placed on tie-outs. Now for the legalese: You are representing your pet(s) as being non-aggressive to both other animals and to people. You understand that Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast is relying upon this representation as being true. Guests are responsible for all actions of their pets, including personal injuries and/or property damage. You agree to hold harmless Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast, its owner and staff, from all liability and/or damage suffered as a result of your pet(s). By making a reservation and adding a pet to your stay, you are confirming that you have read and understand the pet policy and that you agree to abide by all of its terms.
- Check-in Time: Our staffed check-in time is from 4 PM - 6 PM. Early or late arrivals are not a problem but they must be arranged in advance.
- Check-out Time: 11 AM. Check-outs later than 11 AM, must be arranged in advance.
- Payment Methods: Cash, personal checks, or traveler's checks are the preferred form of payment. If this is not possible, we are able to accept VISA & MasterCard.
- Deposits: A valid VISA or MasterCard is required to make a confirmed reservation. A $50 deposit is charged at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance of the reservation is paid at check-out. Additional charges will only be billed to the credit card in the event of a late cancellation or a no-show.
- Required Cancellation Notification: We understand that sometimes your plans change or emergencies arise. If you are only reserving 1 guestroom and it is canceled at least 14 days in advance (not including your day of arrival), there is no charge associated with the cancellation. Cancellation of reservations that are for more than 1 guestroom or for stays of 7 nights or longer, require a 21-day cancellation notice. Required cancellation notice also applies to delayed arrivals or early departures.
Cancellation of a reservation for the entire B&B (all 8 rooms) requires a 60-day cancellation notice.
Guests are responsible for any portion of their reservation which could not be rebooked, if cancelled with less than the required notice.
- Cancellation Gift Certificate: We
gladly issue a gift certificate for the amount billed to your credit
card for cancelled reservations which could not be re-booked.
Cancellation gift certificates are completely transferable and they do
- Cause of Cancellation / Trip Insurance: Please note that our cancellation policy is NOT dependent on the cause or reason for the cancellation. We are unable to be responsible for elements such as bad weather; flight delays or flight cancellations; illnesses or injuries; family, pet or work emergencies; or even the most unfortunate of unexpected events, a death. Please be aware that you have the option of purchasing "trip insurance" that could protect you from the costs incurred due to an unforeseen cancellation. There are many suppliers of trip insurance and they are easily found on the Internet or often times, through your credit card provider.
- Special Needs: We make every attempt to accommodate the special needs of our guests. It is impossible, however, for us to proactively ask about every conceivable condition or requirement of a guest. Therefore, it is your responsibility to notify us at the time of your booking of any special needs for anyone in your group. This includes, but is not limited to, dietary requirements; physical limitations; allergies (food, pet, environmental); intolerances; or sensitivities (chemical or otherwise). If you need to cancel your reservation or depart and we were not notified of your special needs at the time of your booking, you are responsible for payment for any portion of your reservation that we could not rebook.
- Smoking: Smoking is permitted outside.
- Alcohol: Responsible consumption of alcohol is permitted. Alcohol is not provided.
- Reservations: [Click Here] for Online Reservations or call us directly at 1-800-643-7201.