Casa Escondida, our New Mexico bed and breakfast, is a country inn located in the historic village of Chimayo, NM. Offering wonderful views of the beautiful Sangre de Cristo and Jemez Mountains, our B&B is surrounded by Northern New Mexico's beautiful wine country. We provide both peaceful seclusion and a convenient location near to the many intriguing attractions and activities of the area. We are just 15 minutes from Espanola, 35 minutes from Santa Fe, 50 minutes from Taos, and less than two hours from the airport in Albuquerque, perfectly situated for your travel lodging.
View Printable Directions
- From Albuquerque, take I-25 North to exit 276B, Hwy 599 North (a few miles South of Santa Fe)
- Hwy 599 North to Hwy 84/285 (approx. 13 miles)
- North on Hwy 84/285 (towards Espanola) to Hwy 503 East
- Turn right at the light (East towards Nambe) onto Hwy 503. Travel approximately 7 miles to Hwy 98.
- Turn Left onto Hwy 98 and travel into Chimayo. Hwy 98 will end at Hwy 76 (approx. 3 1/2 miles).
- Turn Left onto Hwy 76
- Travel 1/3 mile to the first road on the right. This is County Road 0100 (just past Trujillo's Weaving).
- Make a HARD right turn (almost a U-turn) onto CR 0100. Travel approximately 1/4 mile. On the left, you will see a white post with a small yellow sign for Casa Escondida B&B. Turn left onto our private lane. Because we are 1/4 mile off of CR 0100, the B&B is not visible from CR 0100 but come on back. Just follow our lane back to the circular turnaround in front of the B&B and come on in!
Map to Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast
Approaching from the South on Hwy 503 to Hwy 98
From Santa Fe: Take Hwy 84/285 North (aka St. Francis Drive) and follow the same directions from this point as listed for Albuquerque.
From Taos: Take Hwy 68 South to Hwy 76 (in Espanola). Turn Left at the light onto Hwy 76 (Long John Silvers in on this corner). Travel approx. 7 1/2 miles on Hwy 76 to CR 0100 and turn Left (if you get to Trujillo's Weaving, you missed the turn onto CR 0100 and you will need to turn around). Stay to the far Right when making the Left turn onto CR 0100. Travel approximately 1/4 mile. On the left, you will see a white post with a small yellow sign for Casa Escondida B&B. Turn left. This is our private lane that leads to the circular turn-around at the B&B.
From Chama and Abiquiu: Travel South on Hwy 84 to the town of Espanola (Hwy 84 and Hwy 285 will merge). Turn left on Fairview (credit union, gas stations, etc. are at this large intersection). Travel across the river. At the traffic light, turn Right on Riverside Drive. Travel to Hwy 76 and turn left (Long John Silvers is at this intersection). Travel 7 ½ miles, turn left on County Road 0100. Stay to the FAR right when making this left turn (otherwise you will be on the road that runs parallel to CR 0100). Travel ¼ mile and turn left onto our gravel entry lane. At the entry, you will see a white post with small yellow sign for Casa Escondida. Travel ¼ mile down the drive to the circular turnaround in front of the B&B.
From Alamosa, Colorado: Travel South on Hwy 285. Hwy 285 will merge with Hwy 84. Follow the directions from Chama and Abiquiu from this point.
Download your FREE New Mexico Road app: Help is here for New Mexico travelers. Download the new FREE NMRoads Smartphone application. This free app provides New Mexico travelers with full access to current traffic and weather conditions. The app (for iPhone and Android platforms) is accessible anywhere coverage exists and provides instant access to all information that is available on www.nmroads.com . Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast invites you to download your free app now!