Spend your Santa Fe vacation with us since Casa Escondida is only a 35-minute drive from the historical plaza, 250 art galleries, many museums, live theatre, opera, and fine dining. You will want to spend an entire day exploring the attractions, probably more.
- Taos is less than 1 hour away. It is known for its many shops, restaurants, and art galleries. In addition, Taos is where you will find the famous Taos Pueblo that is on The World Heritage List.
- Bandelier National Park is 40 minutes away and features the ruins of magnificent ancient cliff dwellings as well as great hiking trails.
- Pecos National Historical Park is 50 minutes away. This site features early Spanish mission ruins, plus authentic Indian ruins.
- In just over an hour drive, you can see the ancient rock-art at Petroglyph National Monument.
- The eight Northern New Mexico Indian Pueblos (Taos, Picuris, San Juan, Santa Clara, San Ildefonso, Nambe, Pojoaque, and Tesuque) are all an easy drive from Chimayo. Experience their culture, arts, food, and language.
- Would you like to soak in a hot spring and have a massage? This is available in just 40 minutes, where you can relax at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs.
- Are you an admirer of Georgia O'Keeffe's art? Visit Georgia O'Keeffe Country (Abiquiu) and see the magical landscapes that inspired her. This area is only a 40-minute drive from Chimayo.
- Want to explore by car? Drive the "Enchanted Circle." It begins in Taos and ends in Taos. This is one of New Mexico's most scenic drives.
- Casinos, horse racing, concerts, hiking, horseback riding, rafting, bird watching, fishing, mountain biking, boating, golf, hot-air ballooning and train rides are all available nearby. We will be glad to direct you and make any needed reservations for these and other activities. We can help make your New Mexico vacation fun and memorable. This is just a sampling of the many activities and points of interest in the area.
- Downhill and cross-country ski areas surround Chimayo. Stay at Casa Escondida and ski at SIX different ski areas (Taos, Santa Fe, Angel Fire, Red River, Sipapu and Pajarito)!!
- The Santa Fe Opera has been a summer oasis for opera enthusiasts every July and August with one of America’s premier festivals of internationally acclaimed operatic talents.
Click here for a detailed list of attractions, events & activities